Thursday 24 February 2011

Just one happy moment

My mother-in-law always used to say this and I recently stumbled upon a quote that seems rather fitting so i thought I'd post it:

Who will tell whether one happy moment of love,
or the joy of breathing or walking on a bright
morning smelling the fresh air, is not worth
all the suffering and effort which life implies?

Erich Fromm (American Psychoanalyst)

I have it framed on my kitchen window ledge so she's never far from my thoughts and if I'm feeling a little sorry for myself it always seems to make me smile.

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful and so true.

    I have a little message, carved on wood, on my kitchen windowsill from my mother, which read, 'Every day is a gift, that's why it is called the present'.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!